The Supervision process complements the project management process; whereas the project manager is responsible for the project administration, the superintendent is responsible for the actual production. Stationed on-site, the superintendent controls and monitors construction to ensure adherence to schedule, quality of construction, and overall job safety. The superintendent and project manager maintain a high level of communication.
- Quality control.
- Work with the project manager to carefully review, prepare, and regularly update project schedules.
- Prepare three-week expanded rolling schedule updates for field staff.
- Chair regular subcontractor and safety meetings.
- Adhere to contract documents.
- Monitor job site safety.
- Ensure timely completion of project.
- Ensure timely completion of punch list and closeout items.