Redevelopment of the existing Westview Village. The Project will be developed in four phases:
- Phase I – demolition of 72 public housing units, new construction of 138 apartments and two community rooms (18 residential buildings);
- Phase II – demolition of 18 public housing units, new construction of 50 senior apartments (one three-story residential building with three ground floor storefront spaces, one 7,000 sf community center;
- Phase III – demolition of 43 public housing units, new construction of 103 apartments; and,
- Phase IV – demolition of 47 public housing units, new construction of 36 for –sale townhomes and duplexes.
- Over 9 acres of site work, including public infrastructure and parks.
Phase I, II and III of the Project will be financed with a combination of local, state and federal sources, including the Low Income Housing Credit (LIHTC) and the HUD Rental Assistance Demonstration, (RAD) program, which facilitates the conversion of existing public housing to project based Section 8 subsidized housing.